According to the makers of SnoreRx, their anti-snoring mouthpiece is “The Prescription for Snoring.”
But is this a claim they can back up?
The SnoreRx anti-snoring mouthpiece is certified by the American Sleep Association. It’s also the only product of its kind that exceeds Medicare’s new recommended product performance standards.
Still, there are a lot of anti-snoring mouthpieces on the market today. And you’re probably wondering how SnoreRx compares to the rest.
Well, keep reading to find out more about this popular anti-snoring device.
What Is SnoreRx?
SnoreRx is a Mandibular Advancement Device, or MAD.
When it comes to snoring remedies, MAD mouthpieces are among the most popular, probably because they’re so effective.
In fact, according to the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, oral appliances like SnoreRx are a safe and effective treatment for snoring.
When your airway is narrowed or partially blocked, the air travelling through the air passage can cause soft tissues in your throat to vibrate, creating that irritating, buzzing sound you make when you snore.
SnoreRx gently moves the jaw forward, which keeps your airway open as you sleep.
The mouthpiece also helps keep the tongue from falling back into your throat and obstructing your air passage.
The result? Either your snoring will be greatly reduced, or you’ll stop snoring completely.
What makes SnoreRx unique is its patented design.
It’s the only anti-snoring mouthpiece on the market that can be adjusted by the user in 1 millimeter increments to achieve a better, more comfortable fit.
Made in the USA, SnoreRx is cleared by the Food and Drug Administration for reducing snoring.
This oral appliance is latex free, and its components are made of premium copolymer materials that are hypoallergenic and FDA cleared.
There are no small, moving parts that can come loose while you sleep. And there’s no metal hardware to potentially damage your teeth.
Some Product Features
Some anti-snoring mouthpieces make it hard, if not impossible, to breathe through your mouth.
This is a problem if breathing through your mouth while you sleep is what’s most natural and comfortable for you.
Fortunately, SnoreRx has an open front, so you’ll be able to get plenty of air through your mouth while wearing the mouthpiece.
It really seems like this product was designed to be as comfortable as possible. Not only is SnoreRx adjustable, making the adjustment is fast and easy.
There’s even an easy-to-read indicator on the side of the mouthpiece so that you can see just how far the device will advance your jaw.
Once you’ve chosen a setting for the SnoreRx, it’s locked in place.
And the setting won’t change until you unlock the mechanism yourself in order to make a readjustment.
SnoreRx is a boil-and-bite oral appliance.
This means that, by using a simple fitting process, you can achieve a custom-fit in minutes. And the better an anti-snore mouthpiece fits you, the more comfortable and effective it will be.
SnoreRx Usage and Care
SnoreRx is easy to use and easy to take care of.
Because SnoreRx is a boil-and-bite oral appliance, you can achieve a custom-fit in just 10 or 15 minutes.
Since the mouthpiece will be customized to fit your teeth, the SnoreRx will be more comfortable and effective.
What Type of Snorer Are You?
There are 3 types of snorers and each need their own treatment. Take our 40 second test to see what type you are.
Fitting the SnoreRx is an easy, step-by-step process.
- Fill a cup with room temperature tap water and set it to the side.
- Set another cup of water (a large mug is good for this) in the microwave. Bring the water to a full boil, and then carefully remove the cup from the microwave.
Set the cup on a flat surface, like a counter or table.
- Drop the SnoreRx into the hot water, and let it stay there for 90 seconds.
- For safety’s sake, use something like a pair of tongues to remove the mouthpiece from the hot water.
- Drop your SnoreRx into the cup of room temperature tap water. Let the mouthpiece stay there for about 2 or 3 seconds and then remove. This will cool the SnoreRx down a bit for the next step of the fitting process. But don’t let the device stay in the cool water any longer than a few seconds.
- To make the custom impression of your teeth, put the mouthpiece in your mouth and firmly bite down on it for 30 seconds. Don’t worry. SnoreRx’s components don’t retain heat. So, even after sitting in hot water, the mouthpiece won’t be hot enough to burn your mouth.
- Finally, remove the mouthpiece from your mouth, drop it back into the cool tap water, and leave it there for about 60 seconds. This will ensure that your teeth impression is set.
Now your SnoreRx has been custom-fitted and is ready to use.
A set of detailed, printed instructions is included with each order.
Many first-time SnoreRx users worry that they’ll mess up the fitting process and ruin the mouthpiece.
But you can reheat and refit the SnoreRx as many as three times.
So if you aren’t happy with the first tooth impression you make, you can just try again.
As easy as SnoreRx is to fit, it’s also to easy clean. Once a day, use toothpaste and a toothbrush to brush the mouthpiece.
Then, let the SnoreRx air dry, which will take care of any bacterial build up.
For added cleaning, use a denture solution to clean the SnoreRx once every week or two.
Trying to sleep with any mouthpiece can be uncomfortable at first.
Most users adjust to sleeping with a SnoreRx after 3 to 5 nights of constant use. And some users say it took them even less time than that to get used to sleeping with the mouthpiece.
Pricing, Shipping and Guarantees
Normally, SnoreRx costs $129. But, at the time of writing, it was available for just $99. And, if you’d like to get more than one SnoreRx, you can get two for $154.
If you aren’t sure about purchasing SnoreRx, the 30 Nights Risk Free Satisfaction Guarantee has got you covered.
If you’re not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return the mouthpiece within 30 days for a full refund.
Just make sure the return package is postmarked within 30 days of the date when your SnoreRx was delivered.
Also keep in mind that you won’t be reimbursed for the shipping fees.
Speaking of shipping, for US orders the product is usually delivered, via the US Postal Service, within 5 to 7 business days.
If you want your SnoreRx faster, the company offers overnight and express delivery via FedEx.
In Canada, orders are shipped from a fulfillment center in about 1 to 3 business days. And SnoreRx also ships internationally. For more details on that score, check out the SnoreRx website.
SnoreRx Pros and Cons
- Can be adjusted in 1 millimeter increments to achieve a more comfortable fit.
- Easy to achieve a custom-fit using the boil-and-bite fitting process.
- Can be heated and fitted up to 3 times.
- Is cleared by the Food and Drug Administration for reduction of snoring.
- Meets Medicare’s new recommended product performance standards.
- Made of hypoallergenic, FDA-approved materials.
- Easy to clean and take care of.
- Opening in the front allows you to breathe through your mouth.
- Can last up to 11 months.
- Made in the USA.
- Comes with a 100%, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- Can take 3 to 5 nights of continuous use to get used to.
- Refunds limited to product price. Shipping costs aren’t reimbursed.
- Users might experience soreness of the gums, teeth or jaw when they first start wearing the mouthpiece.
- Shouldn’t be used by those with sleep apnea, respiratory disorders, or a history of temporomandibular disorder (TMD).
- Shouldn’t be used by those with loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease.
- Shouldn’t be used by those who wear dentures.
- Those with dental implants, partials, braces, retainers, caps or crowns shouldn’t use SnoreRx without getting the okay from their dentist.
- Those with teeth implants should wait at least 12 months before using a SnoreRx mouthpiece.
- Some users complain of excessive salivation when using SnoreRx.
Most customers seem to be more than happy with their SnoreRx.
According to one user, she and her husband hadn’t gotten much sleep in over a year because of her snoring.
They don’t have that problem anymore because SnoreRx worked for her from the very first night.
Another buyer said he’d tried two other anti-snoring mouthpieces. But SnoreRx was higher in quality, better fitting, and more comfortable to wear than the others.
And, of course, SnoreRx worked for him.
And one customer appreciated that the SnoreRx isn’t bulky. He went on to say that the mouthpiece is easy to keep clean, and easy to insert and remove.
So is SnoreRx a good anti-snoring device? Absolutely. And it’s hard to knock a product that seems to have been designed with the user’s comfort in mind.
They are a reputable company with a solid product that works for a lot of people. We feel confident in recommending their mouthpiece to our readers.